Saturday, June 21, 2014

Solo

I've been a couple days in Solo now where I'm staying at the Indonesian equivalent of Fawlty Towers. Not sure if they haver ever ran a hotel before. That said they're friendly and cheerful and the room I have is nice enough. I'm the only guest though. 
Anyway I went for a look around town and had a look at the Kraton, which really only functions as a reminder how not to set up a museum. Dark and dusty glass cases with no descriptions. And a collection of carriages including this hearse that were being consumed by woodworm. 


Outside was far more interesting, everywhere in Solo rickshaws are still in full use and in this photo I managed to get a ninja in the background as well. 

I love the colors of all the stalls. 

And the lights once they setup at night. 


No comments: